Friday, February 4, 2011

Gonna Need a Bigger Easel

[Sorry, blog's getting too serious - time for a bit of fun]



Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll paint this masterpiece for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad muse. Not like going down the Met chasin' Degas and Tiepolo. This art, swallow you whole. Little recontextualizin', little mimesis, an' down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back your patrons, put all your galleries on a payin' basis. But it's not gonna be pleasant. I value my process a lot more than 20 thousand bucks, chief. I'll conceptualize it for 20, but I'll paint it, and frame it, for 150. But you've gotta make up your minds. If you want to stay cultured, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, you'll be lookin' at giclees of Monet's "Water-lilies" the whole winter. I don't want no installation types, I don't want no curators, there's just too many artists on this island. One hundred fifty thousand dollars for me by myself. For that you get the canvas, the frame, the whole damn thi
ng.

1 comment :

Unknown said...

Rob, I adore you. I laughed so much, oh my goodness Jaws is my favorite movie and this is hilarious.