Saturday, July 10, 2010

New Work

Atelier 2010 - oil on canvas, 24" x 24"

Flyover - oil on canvas, 24" x 36"

Pteronychus - oil on canvas, 12" x 12"

Not a great deal of quantity, but this past semester was more about searching for new ways to conceptualize and deal with my art in a more critically rigorous manner. If you go to the post "Works In Progress", you'll see that a lot of what I was working on I was conceptual experimentation. Using the examples of that post, you can see I was attempting to apply pure allegory in order to develop narrative. I essentially abandoned all of those strictly allegorical (and very layered/coded) concepts save one sketch, which I modified and simplified to make "Atelier 2010."

I will be posting a Residency 2 summary very soon, as well as a quick post about my new mentor.

No comments :