Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Regular Thursday Night @ drawing room








So, here's Alexis in charcoal, done at drawing room. From the top, the poses are 5, 10, 10, 15, 15, 20, and 20 minute poses. The two 15's are actually 10's with some touch-ups while the model was on break. Yeah, you're not really supposed to do that, but I just felt I had enough info to make some improvements.

I usually try for at least one portrait each session. It's a challenge to really capture a likeness with some quality. I am always happy when I can do that. I think I really got it in the last one - and I wouldn't say that if it didn't really capture Alexis. She's an artist herself, and I think this really helps, as she is very aware of what we, the artists, are getting from her. It's great, and I believe it leads to much higher-quality poses, better energy from the group, and a more natural flow in the drawing process.

No comments :